Comprehensive, heavily illustrated volume introduces the concepts and techniques of digital image capture, including exposure, composition, histograms, depth of field, advanced lighting, lens filters, shutter speed, and autofocus.
Understanding Photography will teach you the core concepts that underlie the magic of digital photography with highly visual, clear, and comprehensive explanations. Topics covered include the fundamentals of exposure, how lens choice affects creative control, digital image characteristics, and how to make the most of natural light.
- Basic concepts in photography like camera metering, depth of field, and the rule of thirds
- Features specific to digital cameras like bit depth, digital sensors, and image noise
- How to control perspective and style using lenses
- How to use equipment and accessories to enhance capture
- Advanced exposure techniques for photographing in fog, mist, or haze
- Techniques for improving hand-held shots and mastering autofocus
If you yearn to understand the digital photography hobby at a deeper level, or you simply want to take better photos, Understanding Photography is a must-have resource.
Publication Date: 11-Dec-2018
Publisher: No Starch Press, Incorporated