Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Turkey is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ride a hot-air balloon over Cappadocia's honeycomb landscapes, walk amid the ancient ruins of Ephesus, or soak in a hamam in Antalya's atmospheric old quarter; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Turkey and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Turkey Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Istanbul map (included in print version), plus over 100 colour maps
- Covers Istanbul, Thrace, Marmara, Gallipoli Peninsula, Izmir, Ephesus, Bodrum, Anatolia, Pammukale, Antalya, Ankara, Cappadocia, Aegean Coast, Turquoise Coast, Mediterranean Coast, Black Sea Coast, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Turkey, our most comprehensive guide to Turkey, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Turkey, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Istanbul? Check out Lonely Planet's Istanbul guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer; Discover Istanbul, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions; or Pocket Istanbul, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, James Bainbridge, Brett Atkinson, Stuart Butler, Steve Fallon, Will Gourlay, Jessica Lee, Virginia Maxwell
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Publication Date: 17-Apr-2015
Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications