The Sewing Bible for Clothes Alterations
The Sewing Bible is a step-by-step practical guide to help people learn some basic sewing skills to help them alter their own clothes.
Starting with the most common and easiest alteration, shortening trousers, and working towards the most technically challenged, shortening the sleeves on a lined jacket, this ultimate guide will take you through the steps using over 400 illustrations to give you get a clear outline of what is required.
Chapters are broken up into:
- How to use this book
- What you will need
- Trousers -taking up, taking in, letting out, replacing zip
- Jeans - taking up, taking in, replacing zip
- Dresses, Gowns and Skirts - taking up, hem lengths, types of hems, taking in
- Jackets - taking up, taking in
- Shirts and Tops - taking up, taking in
- Types of Seams
- Imperial and metric explained
- Helpful hints and tips
Publication Date: 01-Jan-2015
Publisher: New Holland Publishers Pty, Limited