The Rough Guide to Amsterdam (Travel Guide)
The Rough Guide to Amsterdam
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Part of our UEFA Euro 2020 guidebook series. If you're planning to visit the Johan Cruijff Arena to watch Amsterdam for Euro 2020 matches, then this guidebook provides all the information you need to make the most of your trip, from ready-made itineraries to help you explore the city when you're not at the game, to essential advice about getting around.
Discover Amsterdam with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to visit the Koninklijk Paleis and learn all about the city during the Golden Age, explore the Van Gogh Museum, the world's most comprehensive collection of the artist's work, or a moving visit to Anne Frank's Huis, The Rough Guide to Amsterdam will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Amsterdam
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Amsterdam
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around the Grachtengordel, the Museum Quarter and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography features inspirational colour photography, including the glorious Begijnhof and the verdant greens of the Sarphatipark
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the Grachtengordel, the Jordaan, the eastern docklands and Amsterdam Noord's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Amsterdam, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers The Old Centre; The Grachtengordel; The Jordaan and western docklands; The old Jewish quarter and Plantage; The eastern docklands and Amsterdam Noord; The Museum Quarter and around; The outer districts; Day-trips
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to the Netherlands, Pocket Rough Guide Amsterdam and The Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Publication Date: 01-Apr-2019
Publisher: APA Digital AG