Lonely Planet Middle East
Anthony Ham; Sofia Barbarani; Lonely Planet; Jessica Lee; Virginia Maxwell; Daniel Robinson; Anthony Sattin; Andy Symington; Jenny Walker
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Middle East is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wonder at the mighty Pyramids of Giza, the last surviving ancient wonder; watch the sun set over the honeycombed magic of Petra; and explore tree-lined boulevards and exquisite blue-tiled mosques in Esfahan, Iran. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Middle East and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Middle East:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insightsprovide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- CoversEgypt, Iraq, Israel, the Palestinian Territories, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Middle East is our most comprehensive guide to the region, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Egypt, Turkey, Iran, Jordanand Israel & the Palestinian Territories guides for a comprehensive look at all these countries have to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline mapsprevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notesto personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice:The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Publication Date: 01-Sep-2015
Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications