Managing Your Career (HBR Working Parents Series)
Have the career you want—without putting your family last.
Setting and achieving professional goals are complicated when you're managing a career and a family. How do you get ahead when sometimes it's a struggle just to get through the day?
Managing Your Career provides the expert advice and practical solutions you need to help you find a way forward, whether you're taking time off, staying steady, reentering the workforce, or looking to advance.
You'll learn to:
- Define what a meaningful career means to you
- Set individual and family goals—and make progress on them
- Explore company benefits that support your career and your role as caregiver
- Focus your limited time for professional development
- Build support systems to get you through
The HBR Working Parents Series with Daisy Dowling, Series Editor, supports readers as you anticipate challenges, learn how to advocate for yourself more effectively, juggle your impossible schedule, and find fulfillment at home and at work. Whether you're up with a newborn or planning the future with your teen, you'll find the practical tips, strategies, and research you need to make working parenthood work for you.
Publication Date: 08-Dec-2020
Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press