Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a Shoestring
Lonely Planet Publications Staff; David Eimer; Brett Atkinson; Tim Bewer; Joe Bindloss; Greg Bloom; Celeste Brash; Lindsay Brown; Austin Bush; Jayne D'Arcy
#1 best-selling guide to Southeast Asia*
Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a Shoestring is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimise your budget for an extended continental trip. Wander among the temples of Angkor, dine like an emperor in Hoi An's Old Town, or lock eyes with prehistoric monsters at Komodo National Park, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southeast Asia and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet's Southeast Asia on a Shoestring Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, arts, environment, cuisine, health, lifestyle, religion
- Over 160 maps
- Covers Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Southeast Asia on a Shoestring is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet Vietnam, Thailand or Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei our most comprehensive guides that cover Southeast Asia's top sights and offbeat experiences.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Nick Ray, Isabel Albiston, Greg Bloom, Ria de Jong, David Eimer, Sarah Reid, Simon Richmond, Iain Stewart, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Richard Waters, China Williams
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Southeast Asia. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Publication Date: 16-Oct-2018
Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications