Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Scotlandis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sip the water of life, whisky, in an ancient pub, trace the trails of the clanspeople fleeing Glen Coe, or play a round in St Andrew's, golf's spiritual home; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scotland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet ScotlandTravel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insightsgive you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - castles, lochs & mountains, islands, literature, food & drink, museums, culture, wildlife, the land
- Free, convenient pull-outEdinburgh map(included in print version), plus over 50 colour maps
- CoversEdinburgh, Glasgow, Highlands & Islands, Inverness & the Central Highlands, Orkney & Shetland and more
- The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Scotland, our most comprehensive guide to Scotland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on the Highlands and Islands or Edinburgh? Check outLonely Planet Scotland's Highlands and Islandsguide for a comprehensive look at all these regions have to offer; or Pocket Edinburgha handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
Publication Date: 18-Apr-2017
Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications