Lonely Planet Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand is your passport to the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot seals and laze on golden sands along the Abel Tasman Coast Track; explore The Lord of the Rings scenery on Tongariro Northern Circuit; and tramp through ancient rainforest and along gnarly ridges on the Lake Waikaremoana Great Walk. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand's trails and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Great hiking and itineraries sections show you how to tailor your trip around the best trails
- Special features on clothing & equipment, hiking safety and other non-hiking outdoor activities
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - including eating and sleeping reviews of towns and hiking destinations
- Cultural insights provide a richer and more rewarding travel experience - covering history, landscapes, geology and wildlife
- Covers Northland, Auckland, Coromandel, Tongariro, Urewera, Central North Island, Taranaki, Whanganui, Around Wellington, Queen Charlotte, Marlborough, Abel Tasman, Kahurangi, Nelson Lakes, Canterbury, Arthur's Pass, Aoraki/Mt Cook, West Coast, Mt Aspiring National Park, Around Queenstown, Fiordland, Stewart Island/Rakiura.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand is our most comprehensive guide to hiking in New Zealand, and is perfect for those planning to explore the country on foot.
Looking for more information on New Zealand? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand guide for a comprehensive look at what the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Publication Date: 18-Dec-2018
Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications