Lonely Planet Discover India
Sarina Singh; Michael Benanav; Abigail Blasi; Paul Clammer; Mark Elliott; Paul Harding; Anirban Mahapatra; John Noble; Kevin Raub
"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher"
"Lonely Planet Discover India" is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wonder at the breathtaking Taj Mahal, bathe in the holy waters of Varansi, or take a houseboat cruise along Kerala's backwaters; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of India and begin your journey now
Inside "Lonely Planet Discover India"
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - Hinduism, cuisine, architecture, arts, history
- Free, convenient pull-out Delhi map (included in print version), plus over 50 colour maps
- Covers Delhi, Mumbai (Bombay), Rajasthan, Goa, Kerala, Darjeeling, Varanasi, Amritsar and more
The Perfect Choice: "Lonely Planet Discover India", our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on India's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's "India."
- Looking for a guide for Rajasthan, Kerala or Goa? Check out Lonely Planet's "Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra" guide, "South India & Kerala" guide, and "Goa & Mumbai" guide for a comprehensive look at all these regions have to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Abigail Blasi, Paul Clammer, Mark Elliot, Paul Harding, John Noble and Iain Stewart.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Publication Date: 15-Dec-2015
Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications