Faber Writing Academy - Writing a Novel: Stage 1
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
In store at Avid Reader Bookshop
Write your novel, and write it well.
Writing a Novel with Kristina Olsson and guests, including leading industry agents/publishers.
For aspiring novelists ready to leap in, this course will guide you through the process of planning and beginning your novel, developing skills in writing from scratch and establishing a writing practice. Using a combination of targeted writing exercises, group discussion and carefully selected examples, the focus of this course will be on your own writing, with the aim of ending the course with a substantial body of new writing, heading towards a first draft of your novel.
• Benefit from the structure of regular classes covering everything from the first conception of an idea through to getting words on a page, narrative structure and style.
• Learn from our experienced Course Director, as well as guest tutors including top authors, and agents/publishers.
• Receive a personalised consultation on your project from your tutor.
• Get it done. When undertaken with Writing a Novel: Stage 2, this is a flexible alternative to a creative writing MA, designed for people who might be considering a career and who are prepared to engage fully in the hard work involved. Apart from the workshops, you will be devoting as much time as possible between classes to writing.
• Receive invaluable feedback by having the chance to present your work to your class of other committed novelists.
• Start your career. There is no better way to get on the road to publication than to meet the people who know how to make that happen.