The Barefoot Investor for Families
The eagerly anticipated follow-up, The Barefoot Investor for Families, sticks to the same script. It's aimed fairly and squarely at parents, grandparents, and basically anyone who read that book and said:
'Why the hell wasn't I taught this years ago?'
Scott lays out ten money milestones kids need to have nailed before they leave home, and it's all structured around one family 'money meal' each week (so roughly 20 minutes).
If you follow the roadmap, with tailor-made lessons for each age group, your kids will know how to do things like:
- Learn the life-changing value of hard work
- Set up a fee-free bank account (or jam jars!)
- Go on a Treasure Hunt around the house, and sell some of their 'stuff' second-hand
- Save your parents $100 on household bills
- Learn to cook at least two low-cost, delicious, nutritious meals from scratch.
Scott's mission is to make sure your kids are financially strong so they never, ever get sucked into the traps that middle-aged bankers have devised to rob them of their money and their confidence.
There are only ten things every kid needs to know about money, and you can teach them over dinner, once a week.
It's that simple.
Start now - it's never too early or too late.
Publication Date: 17-Sep-2018
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Australia