Lonely Planet Italy
Lonely Planet Staff; Donna Wheeler; Abigail Blasi; Cristian Bonetto; Kerry Christiani; Gregor Clark; Belinda Dixon; Duncan Garwood; Paula Hardy; Brendan Sainsbury
"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher"
"Lonely Planet Italy" is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in a gondolier's sweet song while gliding past Venetian palaces, sample olives and wines as you traverse Tuscany's storybook hills, or be humbled amid thousands of years of Roman history and art; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Italy now
Inside "Lonely Planet Italy" Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, cuisine, wine, customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 137 colour maps
- Covers Rome, Turin, Piedmont, the Italian Riviera, Milan, the Lakes, Dolomites, Venice, Emilia-Romagna, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria, Abruzzo, Naples, Campania, Puglia, Sicily, Sardinia and more
The Perfect Choice: "Lonely Planet Italy," our most comprehensive guide to Italy, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Italy? Check out "Lonely Planet Discover Italy," a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Rome, Florence or Venice? Check out our "Lonely Planet Rome" guide, "Florence & Tuscany" guide, and "Venice & the Veneto" guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer; Lonely Planet Discover Rome, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions; or "Lonely Planet Pocket Rome," a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.""
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Publication Date: 16-Feb-2016
Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications